This popped up last week. Any ideas? The stalks are about 2 feet high, and they bend over.
Here’s the flowers buds (?).
I chopped the lilac that was blocking the front windows. If it doesn’t survive, no biggie. I’ll put in something else.
There was a little lilac bush growing where the new front steps will go, so I potted it until we know where to put it.
We were scratching our heads over those things under the windows. Vents? Windows? Old heater holes? Who knows.
I tried to keep my upper kitchen walls without cabinets. Its the new look. But, I was afraid it might not appeal to a buyer in a few years, so I compromised with half the wall without cabinets. The wall, that would now be visible, was a mess. Here’s the bottom part. You can just see how bad the top of the counter is.
Drywallers fixed it. Pretty.
The bathroom is so tiny. Eventually, we will put in a small master bath upstairs, but for now this one has to keep 5 people clean. Here is it when we started.
We had a greyish-brown marble floor installed.
Stephen removed the nasty old bath fan and replaced it with a can light / fan combo. Its great. You can’t even see the fan part.
I’ve been sanding and staining the vanity a deep ebony. I like the original sink. Its cultured marble that is a greyish-blue with black speckles. And, the original faucet is too cute. But, I haven’t taken any pictures of my projects yet, so here’s one of the plumbing again.
We decided to re-work the entry on back side of the house. I wanted more wall space in the living room for the piano, and I’ve always dreamed of a wall of black french doors. This is the how it looked when we bought it.
We are closing off the door, and installing french doors in the place of the window.
It won’t be a wall of doors, but its an okay compromise for this house, for now.