I don’t have a large stash of fabric, so I pulled bits from here and there. Old curtains, Halloween costume remnants and scraps at the bottom of my fabric bin. I used felt instead of batting since I had it on hand. It made it nice and sturdy, but a bit thick.
The only thing I would alter from the tutorial is to leave only a small gap to turn the belt right-side-out with. The instructions leave about 10 inches to turn and then fold, iron and stitch together. I’m not very precise with my ironing, so I always have weird places where the folded edges don’t meet up.
Use a wooden chopstick to turn the belt right-side-out with.
A little under an hour.
Eleanor loves it!